Not sure how many others have had this issue but on occasion I get a user that calls because they are getting email rejected because they are over quota. I log into the administration interface only to find that the quota does not report that they are over quota. I go to a command prompt and checkquota and sure enough they are over quota.
So seems that I have a difference between what BQ reports and what the system actually reports. I have asked, googled and for over a year did not find a solution other than to simply increase the site quota so it allowed for the difference. Obviously not a very good solution.
Well I finally figured out how to fix it and it is really simple so I thought I would put it online for others to hopefully use in the future.
/sbin/quotaoff -u /home/
/sbin/quotacheck /home/ -m
/sbin/quotaon -u /home/
That is it. Could not believe for how many questions I asked and the googling I did that it came down to this set of simple steps.